The Bastard's Blade

• 2 Replies
The Bastard's Blade
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:26 PM »
Just a quick magic item I whipped up while listening to this tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n91Cie_yors

The Sword of Doom
(The Bastard's Blade, Bane of the Demon Lord, Slayer of the Spider-Priests, Spiller of the Silver Blood)

Forged of strange black ore dug from the earth by the bleeding claws of Barael Shadow-Pinion, the crow-druid, in the first age of the Times Before.  Hammered and honed by her only son, the ogre-child known as the Half Breed, this sword was crafted for one purpose and one purpose alone: to bring about the end of tyrants.  In particular, the Arch-Necromancer Lor, who reigned over twelve lands for a thousand years.  The sword holds a shard of the personality, will and hatred of all those who carry it.  Each wielder, no matter how kind and good-natured, eventually succumbs to its drive for blood and vengeance.

Those who find the blade and choose to carry it (and choose they must, if they reject the will of the Sword of Doom, it vanishes mysteriously) undergo strange changes.  They must change their alignment to "Vengeful: Exact revenge for yourself or another in the name of the Sword of Doom." and gain 10 additional hp as long as they follow the quest for revenge.    The sword will name its chosen tyrant and will bind their fate together - the foe cannot hide from the sword, in this world or another.  A single strike from the blade will end the life of whatever the Bastard's Blade chooses, but when it does, both wielder and sword vanish forever from the world.

Where the sword goes, only fate can say.  As for the wielder, by then, she is more a part of the sword than a part of the world, anyway, and where it goes, so too does her soul.

(In addition to its power, the Sword of Doom automatically qualifies its wielder for the Bearer Compendium Class).

Re: The Bastard's Blade
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
Awesome. The Sword is playing here in Dec. Can't wait to hear them live. Cool to see some other RPGers into heavy music. I ran a Fate game called Spirit of Metal at a few local cons last year.

_\m/

Re: The Bastard's Blade
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »
Awesome. The Sword is playing here in Dec. Can't wait to hear them live. Cool to see some other RPGers into heavy music. I ran a Fate game called Spirit of Metal at a few local cons last year.

_\m/

I'm going to see the Sword in December in Seattle.  STOKED.