Are the characters aware of their sex moves?

• 7 Replies
Are the characters aware of their sex moves?
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »
So obviously the players know what the sex moves of their characters are, and as such may often wish to steer their characters toward having sex with particular characters or at particular times in order to accrue the mechanical benefits of so doing.

But are the characters aware of their sex moves?

I mean, obviously they wouldn't think of them as moves or think "this'll get me a +1 forward" or anything. But the in-fiction consequences when they have sex. Does a brainer realise that by having sex with someone they read their mind? Does the savvyhead realise he gets readings of those he has sex with?

How about the battlebabe?

What about other characters? Do they know that e.g. if they have sex with Marie she'll get to read their minds? Do characters realise that if they sleep with Damson their usual sex powers won't work?

lumpley

Re: Are the characters aware of their sex moves?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
I think you'd have to ask the characters.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
My name is Jonker, and I'm a gunlugger.

Sex is relaxing, y'know, clears the head, blows away the cobwebs, gets me in the zone. I like to have sex before a big fight because I know it'll put me at the top of my game. Sex with Crimson though? Nahh, that's not the same. That's a whole OTHER thing.

My name is Rabbit, and I'm a Hocus.

Sex is a mystical connection between people. After I have sex with people, I get visions of them in my head for days after. They get visions too. It's a powerful thing, and I'm not going to do that with just anyone. You let the wrong person in, who knows what they might do?

My name is Crimson, and I'm a battlebabe.

Sex is whatever I want it to be.

noofy

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
I think you'd have to ask the characters.

What, like asking lots and lots of provocative questions? Man, that principle rocks! Answer every mechanical / narrative question by asking the characters lots of questions. Awesome!

This thread, and Vx's answer just blew my mind wide open. Duh.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »
My characters don't know their sex moves just like they don't know their stats or when they are about to improve. All they know is sex is generally a cool thing and it's different with different people.

Judd

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
They are a good source of questions for the MC to ask:

Why do you feel obligated to the people you make fuck with?  When did that start?

When did you first realize the effect you have on your lovers?

etc.

Shane

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »
I suspect the Brainer would know the significance of sex and deep questioning, for sure. The others are a little more subjective.

Regards,

Shane

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »
Judd, that is a really cool way to get at the point without making the point. Make the move but never say it's name.