Dark Days: Assholes with superpowers

• 1 Replies
Dark Days: Assholes with superpowers
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Hey all.

I started drifting my game design towards AW and then realized AW already does most of the things I need very well, so why not turn it into an AW hack. The subject matter isn't very close to the original, but I'm hoping that it won't be a huge problem.

Dark Days is basically Hellboy's B.P.R.D*, but everyone is possessed by a demon and rapidly going crazy.

What I'm keeping from AW is Moves, Playbooks, Principles and Fronts/Threats. The health mechanic is also pretty much identical.
I've done a bunch of work on Playbooks and their moves and bits and pieces for everything else.

I hoped to keep anyone interested up to date with this single thread, so expect some posts from tomorrow on.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_for_Paranormal_Research_and_Defense

Re: Dark Days: Assholes with superpowers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
I've got my Stats sorted, I think. I deviated from adjective Stats, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not.

The Stats are:

Cold
...means you are cool, calm, numb, graceful under pressure. You add this to your dice roll when you

War
...means you are violent, skilled in combat, aggressive, mean. You add this to your dice roll when you Shed Blood, when you

Majesty
...means you are sexy, seductive, convincing, attractive. You add this to your dice roll when you

Edge
...means you are sharp, witty, quick, skilled, perceptive. You add this to your dice roll when you Read a situation, when you Read a person, when

Esoterica
...means you are creepy, scary, dark, strange. You add this to your dice roll when you

Stats go from -1 to +3. Higher is better. A stat can be set to 0.