Dedicated Custom Moves Forum?

• 6 Replies
Dedicated Custom Moves Forum?
« on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »
When I was making my fronts, it came time to make a "When you enter the territory of the bad guys" custom move, and I was like "I'm sure someone has already come up with a really provocative version of this" but I couldn't find one.

Making custom moves is easy, but making those custom moves that really draw out horrible implications and drive interesting behaviours is an art form. I think a dedicated forum just for posting, discussing, and improving custom moves might make it easier to find interesting things. At the moment they're kind of being lost in the Apocalypse World forum.

I'd be happy to talk about alternative ideas though too. A wiki? A searchable database? A seperate forum entirely, that takes advantage of tags and searchability?

Re: Dedicated Custom Moves Forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:07:41 AM »
A Google Site might work. Pretty simple to set up, and anyone with a Gmail account and an invite from the owner would be able to edit and add to the site, wiki style.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
I'd rather see a forum or a wiki than a Google site, honestly. And, I'm a fan of Google sites.

I suggest a forum (here - maybe a sub-forum of the AW main forum?) specifically because I imagine most of these custom moves would be a collaborative effort with the original poster ending the thread with the version he used in the game and how it worked out.

DannyK

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
The "Apocalypse World" section specifically says it's for custom moves.  I like forums because they're easy to search and bookmark and you can discuss them easily, even comment on them 6 months later if you tried custom move X and it was awesome or broken.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »
Fixed!

Noah

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:11 AM »
Yay! Fixed!

I hope that thread becomes a good resource for finding custom moves. I guess I oughta go find some cool custom moves to link to.

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
I'd rather see a forum or a wiki than a Google site, honestly. And, I'm a fan of Google sites.

Y'all welcome to use the Year of Living Free Wiki to host any Apocalypse World stuff. Technically AW doesn't fit the site's requirements, since it's both closed and commercial -- but it's my site and I happen to like AW!

I would like it if you released any custom moves under an open licence, but I'm not going to make you.

Check it out here.
All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.