barf forth apocalyptica > Apocalypse World

New Playbook: The Feral Kid

<< < (2/7) > >>

Mike Sands:
Joe,

I don't know Children of the Corn so I don't know what Malacai is like. That Lackey move is great, though, I'll add that one to the list.

Matt,

I'm not sure about quicker advances, but adding "you grow up and take a new playbook" to the advance list would be pretty cool I think.

Johnstone,

I thought about a hold and spend for Harmless, but decided that I'd rather it was more all or nothing, like An arresting skinner.

I'm think Fast little bugger is okay, because almost everyone can get 2 armour as gear, but the Feral Kid can't. The move's really just bringing them up to that level.

Maybe I'll re-word the special move so that it's "you choose a new playbook, as soon as it makes sense." It's not really very different but makes it clear that you don't instantly get a car or a pile of guns or whatever.

Yokiboy:
I love it Mike! Will someone please make up a nice trifold version so I can offer it to my players?  :)

Mike Sands:
Making it look fancy is beyond my abilities, I'm afraid.

Willow:
Feral Kids should be Hard, not Cool in my mind.  Little fuckers that will take a bite out of ya.

Mike Sands:
Yeah, Hard or Cool was possibly the most difficult decision in there.

I went for Cool because, well, I thought it was more interesting to have a kid who can cope with pretty much anything the world throws at them. Rather than just a kid who is straight up in your face in a fight.

Maybe there should be a stat line with Hard+2, in case you want to go that way instead. But Cool+2 and Hard+2 seems pretty extreme!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version