barf forth apocalyptica > Apocalypse World

New Playbook: The Feral Kid

<< < (7/7)

NickDoyle:
You're right, it might be better if both characters get some mechanical benefit from the move.  At the time, I was thinking that the Kid's benefit was not mechanical, but narrative: somebody's looking out for you, with no strings attached.  In Apocalypse World, that's not nothing...

I guess putting both bonuses on the side of the "helping" character was an attempt to really sweeten the deal for PCs to look out for the kid.  With my players, a simple +1Hx gets them saying "That'd be nice, I guess.  I'll totally think about doing that" while the magic words mark experience never fail to produce a "Hells yeah!"

In retrospect, marking experience should be enough of an incentive.  I often find myself adding a +1Hx to moves that help another PC, based on the feel of the Heal/Harm move: When you hurt someone, they see you more clearly. When you heal someone, you see them more clearly.

Mike Sands:
I wouldn't get too worried about this horrible possibility that both moves get taken, given that both playbooks are unofficial extras.

NickDoyle:
True, but as a gamer I like to obsess over fiddley mechanical details...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version