We Shall Be Changed!

• 4 Replies
We Shall Be Changed!
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
This post doesn't have much to do with anything.

I was listening to Cop Shoot Cop yesterday, cuz I was in that kind of mood, and I heard the song We Shall Be Changed.

I really want to play that Hocus.

I wish I could link to the song, but it seems to be too obscure for my internet skills.  It totally feels like an angry Apocalypse World cult leader preaching to his followers, at least to me.

Re: We Shall Be Changed!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
I'm going to check out that song. What is it with Apocalypse World and Music! Last night I was listening to my iPod on Shuffle and Leonard Cohen's "The Future" came up. That's offically the theme song of our AW game. "I have seen the future, brother, it is murder."

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »
Good luck finding it!  Finding any Cop Shoot Cop can be a real pain in the ass, and the Suck City EP even more so (which it, by and large, deserves, IMO; I find it pretty aptly -named).  I couldn't even find the lyrics to it on songmeanings.net, which was surprising.

I suspect the song uses samples from some actual evangelist, but man does it sound creepy.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:39:58 PM »
I'm going to check out that song. What is it with Apocalypse World and Music! Last night I was listening to my iPod on Shuffle and Leonard Cohen's "The Future" came up. That's offically the theme song of our AW game. "I have seen the future, brother, it is murder."

Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
Stuff it up the hole
Inside your culture

That'd be quite the AP report.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »

"First We Take Manhattan" is good too -- "I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons" is my favourite d4 DitV trait.