Edits

• 3 Replies
Edits
« on: August 10, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »
Has anyone been following allowing the revision process on github? While most of the edits are improvements, seems like a few lose some of the previous flavor.

For example:
- Before: This is Avon, summoner of Things From Beyond! He's a human wizard...
- After: This is Avon, mighty Wizard! He's a human...

stras

Re: Edits
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
I always prefer flavor.  Particularly if it has cadence.  

This is Avon, who has sworn his name to the Vortex for Power, Summoner of Spirits, Walker through Realms Unseen, mighty Wizard!

His friends call him Av.

One of the things that drew me to the game is actually the Flavor of a lot of their move names and descriptions.  Remember that humans lost their Summoning racial and some spells were re-worded in the last iteration.  I wouldn't mind seeing instead something like 'master of Lightning' and a demo of how he flavors his Magic Missile and such to be lightning themed (which surprises me that not everyone does in the games I've demoed, so it's a cool thing to throw in).

But they have wordcount, and such to consider.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
I changed Avon, 'cause he's not summoner of shit no more.  I need to flavour him up again, but for now, let's call him Avon Blank-Slated.  Avon the Uncreated-Yet.  Avon the Figure-It-Out-As-You-Go.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
a demo of how he flavors his Magic Missile and such to be lightning themed

We chose to leave this out of the character creation part because it actually fits better as an example of the GM principles, right?  I mean, it's all about asking questions.  A lot of players don't think "what do my spells look like" until the GM prompts them!