Relationship map!

• 5 Replies
Relationship map!
« on: August 26, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
So DannyK's running a PbP over at rpg.net, and before the official start asked us a whole bunch of juicy provocative questions, especially about relationships with NPCs and such. Here and there a few people accidentally used the same name and decided they were the same person, or deliberately reincorporated other people's NPCs, and somebody said "Man, we should make a relationship map to keep all this stuff straight."

And one of our players, named Megavzer, actually did!

It was a little too awesome not to share.

Re: Relationship map!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I'm reading the actual recruitment thread right now, and then I hope to follow along by reading the action as the PbP game unfolds.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:10:09 PM »
Yeah, the PbP threads are members-only, so I didn't link, I figured people with rpg.net forum accounts could hunt it down easily enough of their own.

(That image DannyK put up in the first IC post, though? That's golden too.)

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
I've been told to link to the game's wiki, which is a bit more openly accessible than the PbP forums, although with the game just starting there's no summaries up yet. The relationship map's a slightly newer version, though, with a few names and purple friendship boxes added.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
I wish I could edit my original post and take out the recruitment thread link, but alas, I cannot. However, I also wanted to post again to say that what I've seen of "A Town Called Gaga" so far is awesome! Great stuff on everyone's part. I will keenly keep an eye on this game as it progresses.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:53:28 AM »
I just want to say that, as MC, drawing a relationship map between sessions 2 & 3 (shoulda done it earlier, but man was I trying to master fronts & saying interesting things) has gone a looong way in helping me to create PC-NPC-PC triangles. It's so easy & visual. "This NPC hates the Gunlugger's guts? Okay, then why does she love the Angel?" etc. So easy with the R-Map, so hard without.