Quick question on game sales perspective

• 3 Replies
Quick question on game sales perspective
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Was wondering to myself since pre-ordering (aside: hey wheres my book?) but do you as the designer prefer that a customer purchase directly from your website or is it better to buy a copy of your book from a retail store if I can find it? 

Seems like you probably make a couple bucks more from a direct buy but I'd love to get more demand in retail for games I intend to buy if it's helpful to do so from your perspective.

Hope that makes sense.

lumpley

Re: Quick question on game sales perspective
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »
Either way is just fine with me! Direct sales are substantially more profitable for 1 sale, but a relationship with a retailer balances it over time.

I've shipped almost all of the reorders, the last few to go out in a couple of days, so hang in there! I've had the second batch of books in my house for less than a week.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:39:34 PM »
Awesome, look forward to holding the real deal in my hands.  MC'd my first session last week, all of the players had a great time and we're playing again in a couple days.

Great work man!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »
Got mine shipped all the way to the UK, turned up this Saturday morning.

Only had a chance to flick through it, was surprised at how dense it was (pleasant surprise of course).

But you might want to have a word with your printer. I noticed at least one page where the ink never made it onto the page (on the credits page actually). It's not enough for me to worry about, but as it must cost to get these printed I would not be too happy if it has happened to a few people. Might just be a one off, but thought I would let you know.

Thanks for including a pre folded Maestro'd play book, the tri-fold is great.