Do we have any AW Actual Play videos yet?

• 4 Replies
Do we have any AW Actual Play videos yet?
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »
Because man, I'd love to see some, especially to see how John Harper runs the game for example. For those poor souls amongst us living far away and on the other side of the ocean (and can't attend GenCon and stuff like that).

Re: Do we have any AW Actual Play videos yet?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »
o.O

are you for serious?

i don't know how that could possibly be good.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »
Let me specify that. I don't want "good", I want informative. I don't want a video of a whole session, but something that works as a short demonstration of social dynamics at the table and the MCing. Possibly edited. Probably no longer than 7 minutes.

There are videos of Luke running The Sword at conventions on youtube and while they're clearly not the best thing ever, they're pretty entertaining to look at and showcase Luke's enthusiasm and approach to the game, which (for me) is enlightening. Seeing how John is pretty much the Prophet and fo'real Master(of Ceremonies) of AW, I would like to have a peek into how he (or Vincent) runs the game.

That actually extends to any other GM and any other game. Seeing other people run games, especially people from different backgrounds and traditions is imo extremely useful. But that's for another thread and probably another board.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
I did an Actual play audio over here.  I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's halfway there!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:46 AM »
I've never watched AP video (besides "I Hit It With My Axe" which is too edited to be much use), but I love AP audio. It's easily the best way to get a handle on an unfamiliar rule system or style of play. I keep meaning to listen to yours, Glendower, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.