Blind Blue and Hatchet City

• 8 Replies
Blind Blue and Hatchet City
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
I have just started reading through the backlog in the forums I apologize in advance if this has been asked before:
I noticed in my Apocalypse world PDF (page 274) has a reference to a scenario called the Blind Blue and Hatchet city. It looks to be an interesting beginning for a group new to AW. I am wondering is this full scenario available somewhere?

Thanks!

DWeird

Re: Blind Blue and Hatchet City
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
I do not recommend it!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
Why not Lumpley? What is wrong with it? I am sure you see all it's flaws but I just thought if not a perfect scenario, it would be a great idea generator of my own.

DWeird

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
It's for con play, and a whole bunch of stuff is somewhat artificially, well, *stuffed* into it, precisely because regular AW has a slightly longer brewing time.

The AW first session rules are better for having a first AW session -- that's kind of the point.

Of course, if you need to fish for ideas, sure. But you have some postapocalyptic fiction that you like, right? Use that.

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »
As it happens it's not good for con play either!

I like it because it introduced love letters, but playtesting hasn't shown it to be reliably fun to play.

noclue

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
As it happens it's not good for con play either!

I like it because it introduced love letters, but playtesting hasn't shown it to be reliably fun to play.

I've played it twice and had a blast both times, once as a Skinner and once as a Battlebabe. I think it's great.

What problems have you seen?
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

Arvid

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 02:26:19 AM »
We made another con scenario:

http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=1534.0

It was fun.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 03:55:48 AM »
I've used Sunken Sydney and Blind Blue in seperate con games. Sunken Sydney produced a better game IMO. But Blind Blue was still fun.