Maestro D's Gang

• 49 Replies
Re: Maestro D's Gang
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
JW was talking about the other way to blend classes: by picking up another playbook and becoming that class. The "take a move from another book" is totally fair game. I'm wondering about the former.

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
JW was talking about the other way to blend classes: by picking up another playbook and becoming that class. The "take a move from another book" is totally fair game. I'm wondering about the former.

Oh! Duh!

I forgot about that option. Good call.

Bret

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
Bret, yeah definitely, if you haven't spent an advance on a move, you only have it as long as it makes sense fictionally.  If you lose your gang or stop being the alpha, obviously you can't still use Pack Alpha. But if you've bought it and lose your gang or whatever, it's pretty easy for you to use it and round up a new gang, because it's part of who you are.  So if we agree on that, then maybe we've just been talking past each other the whole time (both here and on SG).
Well, definitely not on SG. I've been studiously avoiding weighing in on that thread on this subject. ;) But yeah, I am pretty sure we agree.
Do you mean how you're normally limited to two out-of-playbook moves?  Because that seems pretty open-ended to me.  With two moves, you can buy the two core moves of another character type, yeah?  So I don't see that as particularly restricted.
Yeah, that's cool. I can only think of a couple characters that you could do that with, though. And like I said, I'm just explaining how the rules make sense to me.
Tupacalypse World

Orion

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 03:04:40 PM »
Weirdly, Id argue that *not* having Leadership is Pack Alpha is quite possibly an advantage.  Missing a roll on either of those explicitly causes a relatively serious betrayal, probably worse than the result of flubbing a rune of the mill manipulate roll. 

Chris

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
Weirdly, Id argue that *not* having Leadership is Pack Alpha is quite possibly an advantage.  Missing a roll on either of those explicitly causes a relatively serious betrayal, probably worse than the result of flubbing a rune of the mill manipulate roll. 

Nah. The 10 or 7-9 on the roll is for assurances. Without that, it's just fiction and if the NPCs want to attack as the MCs move, then they do. No recourse. No ability to bring them in line, outside of maybe a manipulate. Failing Pack Alpha is not the ONLY time they might revolt.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"