Portuguese Translation: Request for Lumpley

• 3 Replies
Portuguese Translation: Request for Lumpley
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:45 AM »
Hello,

My name is Victor Mamede. After playing AW with my group for some time, one of them asked me to translate the playbooks so we could use the portuguese terms instead of the english ones. I translated the basic stuff (the gear, the playbooks, the basic moves, the MC moves etc) and they questioned: "why don't you make a blog and talk about apocalypse world there?"

So, I'm kindly requesting for Lumpley if I can do that. I translated the playbooks and now I'm writting a blog about AW in portuguese. I'm planning on creating a pdf in portuguese (with the help of my friend Bruno) soon with the playbooks translated so people in Portugal and Brazil can play it. Also, I'm having skype sessions online and working out how to record them, so there will be actual play in portuguese of AW.

I've also posted on facebook and the response was very good; many people seemed interested. There are some discussions of the playbooks, ideas for new ones. All in all, I'm barfing forth apocalytica to the portuguese speaking world.

I would like to have a formal stand and see if I must stop it now, or if I can continue.

Kindly and attentiously,

Victor "Gaigaia" Mamede

Re: Portuguese Translation: Request for Lumpley
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »
My friend made a cover for the pdf document for when we finish it.

Here is the link for the cover image:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B47DgdQMaNxialNmeXZTcXNvWk0

The translated text is this one:
http://apocalypse-world.com/backpitch.html

So, what do you people think of the cover? Is it nice?

Chroma

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
Looks pretty cool to me!
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »
Please contact me privately for business conversations like this. Thanks!

-Vincent