New Faceless Moves Ideas

• 3 Replies
New Faceless Moves Ideas
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
Hei, I've had these ideas for Faceless moves based on slasher killers. I would like to know what you think:

Wait for the sequel:
You may die, but a true slasher always come back. When you die, roll+Weird. On a hit, you will come back. On a 10+, chose 1. On a 7-9, chose 2.:

. The death will leave scars. Chose a debility. If you have all of them, chose other option.
. Dieng took it's share from your life. Lose one improvement.
. For you to come back, someone had to die. The MC will say who.
. Ask the MC who revived you, and what you have to do to pay your respect
. The Maelstrom revived you, with or withouth a reason and with a price that you will have to find

On a miss, you just die for really reals.

Jason:
No matter how much damage you take, you just don't die. Every time you receive damage when you are at 9:00 or more, roll+Hard. On a hit, you absorb the damage and the clock styas the same. On a 10+, chose 1; on a 7-9, chose 2.

. You take S-Harm, being dazed, stunned or confused
. You receive -1-forward
. You are put in a difficuld situation, with your enemies in advantage over you
. You endanger your allies
On a miss, you receive de damage normally.

Haunt the prey: Name a person that have harmed you that you hold responsable for harming you and roll+Weird. On a hit, the next day you appear near that person, with or withouth an explanation. On a 10+, that person has no idea that you are close, just lurking by the yard. On a 7-9, that person was haunted by horrible nightmares and they think that something bad is going to happen. On a miss, you don't go after that person, but that person comes after you, and not with good intentions and certanly not alone.

Slasher walk:
No matter how hard they try to run away, with your slow slasher walk you just catch up with them, somehow. When someone is afraid of you, they can't run away. If someone afraid of you is escaping on a vehicle, you appear at the back sit. You can also Open your Brain to Fear, and find someone that is afraid of you and appear, like magic, at their side. And wherever you roll against someone afraid of you, roll +1.

Grotesque Grinding: When you use a brutal weapon like a meat hook or a chainsaw, you do +1-harm and receive +1 to Go Aggro or Seize by Force

Fresh Meat: When you indulge in horrible vices, blood orgies, canibalize your enemies bodies or do something very cruel, roll+weird. On a 10+, chose to stabilize yourself and heal 1 segment or to heal 2 segments; On a 7-9, the same, but you are acting under fire from your little disgusting show. On a miss, you open your brain to the darkest side of mankind and the maelstrom might now feast on you.

These are the moves. I would like to know what you think and if you would use those moves in play. I'm thinking on using them myself on my next run of Aw. Some I think need to be reworked and I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Victor Gaigaia

Re: New Faceless Moves Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
Cool moves! You should make a playbook called Faceless II.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
Good Idea, I will do that. But I think I will call it The Slasher, and I also have an idea for a playbook named The Butcher.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:05:10 AM »
That might be the best way to do it. I've always seen the Faceless as more of the Lord Humongous, Blaster or the silent enforcer in full riot armor than (necessarily) Jason Vorhees. They definitely have that aspect of Just. . .keep. . .coming but not so much the sneakier aspects like the slasher walk or appearing out of nowhere. Those strike me as +Cool or +weird.

Also keep in mind that 3-armor and -2 to Harm rolls is already frighteningly tough and that's without any out-of-playbook moves. Unless you're singling out your Faceless, a situation that calls for Wait For The Sequel and/or Jason will have the rest of the PC's will be dead a few times over.