Meet the Succubus

• 48 Replies
Re: Meet the Succubus
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
Most importantly, it made me wonder if a gender-confused teen would sell their soul for the chance to transform into the body they wished they were born into.

Well, I ain't sure I was ever gender-confused, but I know THIS genderqueer teen certainly effing would've, had I known what I wanted to be.

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 03:21:08 AM »
It's definitely because of the shapechange move. This is the only skin that I've seen that directly spoke to me on the gender side of things. Most importantly, it made me wonder if a gender-confused teen would sell their soul for the chance to transform into the body they wished they were born into.
Have you seen the Cuckoo from second skins?  They're shapechangers who change only by stealing the identities of others.  I have a feeling you'd have fun with that skin.

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
It's definitely because of the shapechange move. This is the only skin that I've seen that directly spoke to me on the gender side of things. Most importantly, it made me wonder if a gender-confused teen would sell their soul for the chance to transform into the body they wished they were born into.
Have you seen the Cuckoo from second skins?  They're shapechangers who change only by stealing the identities of others.  I have a feeling you'd have fun with that skin.

I haven't seen it, no. :< I never backed the Kickstarter. I'm just getting into this after all!

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
First of all, I'd like to apologize for not replying to this thread anymore. For some reason, I wasn't notified of all the latest replies! That's weird.

Anyway, to reply to some of the questions in a more or less random order: I wrote the Succubus inspired by the "burned girl" archetype. She jumps from one dysfunctional relationship into another, as she believes that all of them are about utility - she has something people need (the Gifts), they have something she needs (souls). That's why she gives you strings because you did something without asking anything in return: you left her completely flabbergasted. Are acts of unselfish kindness really possible?

Essentially, the Succubus is all about discovering that not everyone is out to take advantage of you, and that you don't have to take advantage of them first by manipulating them into a position of weakness.