Number Appearing playtest and suggestions

• 35 Replies

noofy

Re: Number Appearing playtest and suggestions
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Restless dead paladins?! So freaking cool! Bravo!

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 04:04:09 AM »
Yes I'm running the game on Roll20, this is about 4 or 5 sessions in. The Bard and the rest of the party are holed up in secure room, "making camp" and we ended the session with the Resurrected Paladin scratching on the outside of the door.

The absent Player (Wizard) thinks the Paladin is dead, so we're going to start the next session with me appearing to control the Paladin to see how she reacts! :) (hopefully she doesn't read these forums!)

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »
How is healing done on undead? I'm not a regular D&D player, however I seem to recall that it is a reversal, heal = damage, inflict = heal?

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
I use regular healing for simplicity. But reverse it up if you like.

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »
Wightbred, I'm curious about something.

In your AP, did you give the Paladin two options: "Die OR be Resurrected as an Undead"?  Or did you give him three options: "Die, be Resurrected as Undead, OR be Resurrected via Snake Venom"?

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
MrPim, the AP was mine. The Paladin had two choices, if he wanted to live and finish his quest:

"The air of the Barrowmaze is strong with the magics of Necromancers, they can be easily channelled to bring you back as a Restless Dead".

"Also the poison of the Snake pulses strongly in your blood, it could be used to bring you back, but you would be Changed".

I didn't say what Changed would be, it would however have been a Lycanthorpe.