My Custom Fighter Moves

• 5 Replies
My Custom Fighter Moves
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:13:39 AM »
War Tactics
When you give orders on the battlefield, roll+WIS. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your holds when your allies follow your orders on a 1:1 basis to:
• give them +1 forward against an enemy
• give them +2 armor against an attack even if it ignores armor
• reroll one of their damage rolls and take the best of the two

Shield Wall
When you Defend an ally with your shield against an attack and they suffer some damage anyway, they take +1 armor.

War Cry
When you bring panic among the enemy files by roaring like a dragon, roll+CHA. On a 10+, you and your allies each one take +1 ongoing against them but every one lose this bonus when a member of the party is damaged by an enemy. On a 7-9, only you take +1 ongoing against them and you lose this bonus when you or an ally are damaged by an enemy.

War Paints
When you perform a ritual to paint your skin with mystic symbols of your clan, tribe, or shamanic tradition, take +1 forward to Last Breath and +1 forward against magic.

Disarm
When you try to disarm an opponent, roll+DEX. On a 10+, they lose their weapon and can't use it anymore in this battle. On a 7-9, that but you are unbalanced and take -1 forward against them.

Fastball Special
When you hurl an ally towards an enemy, roll+STR. On a 10+, they take +1 forward and +1d6 damage against that enemy. On a 7-9, they also suffer 1d6 damage that ignores armor.

Please, feel free to comment, critique and modify any move!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:42:27 PM by adam »
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

P2

Re: My Custom Fighter Moves
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
I like them, specially War Tactics and War Cry!

They kind remember me of dnd's Warlord and Diablo's Barbarian.

Very good! I'll put them in my compilation of custom moves.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
thank you! Indeed, I've been an enthusiast barbarian player back in the days :D

Edited War Cry a bit in a better english (I think.)

way

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »
Those are very cool! The only thing I'd recommend is to put more fictional results instead of purely mechanical. Like, War Tactics: spend a hold to: separate a smaller enemy force; keep fighting despite overwhelming odds; entrench a position. Some crunch is cool, but you need some spice as well...

P2

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »
Question: There is other "Disarm" move in the game? Or is just some kind of Defy Danger?

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:11 AM »
@way
That's true and interesting, but I can't see how implementing this concept just by expanding the options on to spend holds. (However, war tactics has actually a lot of fiction already embed within: the whole "give orders" and "follow them"!)

@P2
I didn't find anything about it. IMO DEX-based Defying Danger should probably be the best choice.