Gencon...who's going and who can represent?

• 10 Replies
Gencon...who's going and who can represent?
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »
Hey all!
Anyone out in there going to Gencon 2012?

If you are going, I'm appealing to you to set aside a few hours of your time to
sign up to MC a game of Apoc World...dead line is past, but they are still approving games

Phylorn and I (Both Canucks I might add) are the only 2 MC'ing Apocalypse World games at the Con

We need to join together and "Speak the Truth to the mob!"
: )

Re: Gencon...who's going and who can represent?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
Bueller...?

Bueller...?

...No one?

Ok, so us Canadians will do the Heavy lifting then - NO probs!  ; )-

Other news re: Gencon 2012....

Gencon just released an Iphone app for booking events, the example they use on it
is Pheylorn's Apoc World game!!!!

Yeah to Pheylorn! Yeah to free advertising for Apoc World!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
I plan on running games at GoD, with AW one of the options. 

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
I won't be at GenCon this year, so I'm grateful to any of you who will be. You all have the faceless etc, right?

-Vincent

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
I do!  Though, really, everyone should just play Skinners.  They're the best.  One of them can even be in a mask.  Oh, dear, now I'm imagining a bordello specializing in roleplay.  "Here comes Rolfball, someone tell Jujube to break out the Brainer outfit." 

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »
I won't be at GenCon this year, so I'm grateful to any of you who will be. You all have the faceless etc, right?

-Vincent

Thanks Vincent!

I know for that Pheylorn has Faceless, as do I... and I'll have it as one of the choices for playbooks  -  "Oh yeah!"

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »
I plan on running games at GoD, with AW one of the options. 

You will most likely find me on your list of wanted players then. :)

I plan to spend most of my weekend at GoD as well. First GenCon ever and looking forward to it!

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »
Yay!  A player!  I was worried.  Would you like to play a Skinner?  They're the best!

In a more serious vein, I'm pondering if I want to try and do a scenario a la Hatchet City, or just do typical first session, follow the characters sort of thing.  I kind of like the latter, but I worry about the PCs not jelling well.  I wonder if it would help things along to have somebody pick one of the "queen bee" playbooks (Chopper, Hardholder, Operator, Hocus, Maestro'D), and have the other PCs be part of the "team".

(My favorite set-up is a Maestro'D and their staff.  Because Maestro'D's are the second best.)

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »
I sense that you enjoy 'hot' playbooks then. :) My favourite AW character was a Skinner turned Angel so I'm all for the Skinner Fanclub.

I'll be running an 8 hour slot game of Apocalypse World at GC and given that we'll have time for it I'll probably go with the classic approach of the 1st session. Don't know how I'd do a 3-4 hour slot. Probably come into it with a lot already created in your head with a bit of wiggle room to accommodate player's ideas. But I have no experience to draw upon for this one.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »
I tried to sign up for your game. Man, those slots went quick!

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »
I shall be at GenCon with a group of five that would certainly be down for some AW. We tried to get the couple AW events already occurring, but they filled up too quickly. We're planning on hanging out around the Indie Games On Demand events and playing AW.