The Cover

• 17 Replies

Chris

The Cover
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »
So the cover is amazing.

Proof:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:43:09 PM by Chris »
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

Re: The Cover
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
I love it.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
Man, I am really glad that the image isn't working on my computer, because I want to wait until the book shows up on my doorstep to see the cover*. I instinctively threw my hand over the screen. Why did I enter this thread?

*(as an aside, it's totally lame to preorder and then get both AW & Freemarket after people who show up at GenCon. But I know it's not Vx's or Lx's fault, so, that's just the way it is).

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
(as an aside, it's totally lame to preorder and then get both AW & Freemarket after people who show up at GenCon. But I know it's not Vx's or Lx's fault, so, that's just the way it is).

Fuck, yes.  This.  Especially because of Freemarket.  It's as if GenCon exists in some kind of temporal bubble where preorders don't matter.

I'm not THAT annoyed but it's pretty irritating.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »
Man, I am really glad that the image isn't working on my computer....

I am not good at the sport of computers.....
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 04:09:56 AM »
The image file is hosted on a forum which requires membership.  Unless you are a member of the louisvillerpg.com forum, you can't view it.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
Yeah, probably. Thing is, I can't see it over there either. :)

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »
I can see it but I'm a member of that forum.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
What's the form factor of the book?  I am dying of curiousity.

Chris

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »
I already got my second copy in the mail. You guys should be getting them soon.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
What's the form factor of the book?  I am dying of curiousity.

From the un-store: The book is digest-sized (8.5” x 5.5” ), 300 pages plus a few, color cover, b&w interior.

In one of the early "This Just In From Gen Con!" episodes, Kevin was talking about how excited about AW he was, saying, "it's a big Vincent Baker game, 130 pages or so..." Boy is he gonna be surprised.

Chris

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »
What's the form factor of the book?  I am dying of curiousity.

From the un-store: The book is digest-sized (8.5” x 5.5” ), 300 pages plus a few, color cover, b&w interior.

In one of the early "This Just In From Gen Con!" episodes, Kevin was talking about how excited about AW he was, saying, "it's a big Vincent Baker game, 130 pages or so..." Boy is he gonna be surprised.

Yeah, it's a smaller, trade paperback type book made out of a thinish, recycled paper; it's not like bible paper, but it's thinner than normal and has a good texture to it.

Binding looks good, etc.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »
Looks really sharp - I guess this will be shipping this week?  Awesome.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »
Just got my copy in the mail. I had no idea the cover was going to be different than the GameStorm preview version. I'm not disappointed at all.

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »
Note about books:
All domestic pre-orders shipped within roughly 12 hours of receiving the books from the printers, and only an hour before we left for GenCon. Internationals will be in the mail by Friday, just as soon as we humanly can. Should be reaching a whole slew of you today.

And yes, the cover is hot.