Bloodcrazed and gangs as weapons?

• 3 Replies
Bloodcrazed and gangs as weapons?
« on: May 06, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »
Or merciless. Whatever.

Point is, do "inflict +1 damage" moves add to the damage done by a gang led by a character with such a move?

What do you think? Is my gang of child soldiers bloodcrazed when my bloodcrazed character leads them?

Re: Bloodcrazed and gangs as weapons?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:19 AM »
If I were MCing this situation, I would say Merciless/Bloodcrazed is in effect if you are leading the gang and fighting alongside them, yes.

If you send them off to do your bidding and fight somebody, then no, definitely not. You are not there, so they have to make do with how they do things.

If you are leading them and directing their attacks on the battlefield, but not actually fighting yourself, then it would be up to the role-playing, I think. Like, if you are bloodcrazed and your leadership consists of you yelling at your gang to "kill kill killlllllllllllllll!!" and "drink their blood!" or something, then sure, your gang can do +1 harm.

But if they are besieging a compound over the course of many hours and you are observing, giving directions, organizing the supply chain, all that stuff, then no +1, you're too busy to make sure they are as Merciless/Bloodcrazed as you are.

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
I'm with Johnstone, with the added wrinkle that if I say no and the player objects, I'll almost always reverse myself and let the bonus stand. I'm a fan!

-Vincent

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
Thanks, both of you. That sounds good, true and beautiful. :-D