Looking for suggestions for a Persona 4 Hack

• 0 Replies
Looking for suggestions for a Persona 4 Hack
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
Hi there, i've recently discovered Apocalypse World and i've totally fell in love with the system.
I was thinking of doing a Persona 4  hack, my thoughts are to set the game in Japanese High School with every character playbook reflecting a common anime archetype, so far the list is:

- The Delinquent (Banchou)
- The Princess (Oujou)
- The Class Representative (Iinchou)
- The Idol (Aidoru)
- The Nerd (Megane)
- The Weirdo (Otaku)
- The Club Captain (Danchou/ not sure if it's right)
- The Shrine Maiden (Miko)

Aside from the class abilities all characters are "chosen" by one of the 22 Major Arcana, gaining 2 other abilities (right and reverse side of the Tarot) and for the antagonist i was thinking about using japanese folklore monsters/demons/deities (for now, maybe expanding with other Myths later).
To reflect the social links i was thinking about using the Bonds mechanics from DW.
Now, since i'm not yet well versed with all the AW hacks, i was looking for suggestions about what moves to include and for developing the archetypes as well.
As for the stats i'm using the following (derived from Persona 4 Social Links development):

- Courage
- Diligence
- Understanding
- Expression
- Knowledge

The tentative title of this hack is Kaidan World (Kaidan means something like Mistery/Horro Story), any help wouldn't be greatly appreciated. :)

P.S: Sorry if my english is sometimes bad, it's not my mother toungue.