[DitV] Canadian Dogs

• 9 Replies
[DitV] Canadian Dogs
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Hello all!

It's my birthday on March 24th and my wife is hounding me for b-day ideas. I was thinking of putting a copy of Dogs in the Vineyard on my list but live in Canada and I wonder if it would arrive in time. When I ordered APOC WORLD it took several weeks (worth every minute though!!!) and don't want to have it stuck in shipping when cake day somes around.

So my question is, have any of my canadian brothers or sisters ordered this book online and remember how long it took to ship?

Thanks all. Lovin' every minute of my Baker games!

Chroma

Re: [DitV] Canadian Dogs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:13 PM »
I'd recommend dropping Vincent (lumpley) a line direct, either a PM here or at the un-store
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »
Shipping to Canada is weirdly variable. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, sometimes a couple of weeks. But March 24 seems like plenty, plenty of time to me.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
Shipping to Canada is weirdly variable. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, sometimes a couple of weeks. But March 24 seems like plenty, plenty of time to me.

Are you saying we're weird up here in Canada? Because that sounds like an accurate description. :P

Alright Vincent, I'll trust you....this time.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:45:53 PM »

I would guess the variability is mostly explained by 'does it go through customs without notice or does it... not.'

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »
Yes!

Between Customs and Canada Post, it could take a while.

But a month or more is plenty of time!

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »
For future reference, Strategies Games is a store in Vancouver (BC) that does mail-order, and stocks a medium-sized collection of indie games. Definitely more indie games than they list on their site.

If ever you want an indie game on a deadline, it's worth a shot to call them up and ask if they stock it.

Chroma

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »
So Drew, did you ever actually get this... and are we playing it at Hank's on Tuesday?
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »
I did not receive it as a b-day gift. Which simply means I will buy my own copy soon. I honestly don't know what we're playing on Tuesday, but it sounds like it might be Dogs.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »
For future reference, Strategies Games is a store in Vancouver (BC) that does mail-order, and stocks a medium-sized collection of indie games. Definitely more indie games than they list on their site.
Thanks mcdaldno. I've been looking for a good canadian distributor for my rpg's. I will give them a shot sometime soon I'm sure. Can't wait to play Monsterhearts soon either, it's looking like a great game as I read through it. :)