Cult of the Worm God PDF

• 2 Replies
Cult of the Worm God PDF
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm working on compiling playbooks for my home campaign, based on the efforts of a malignant Worm God to insinuate itself into civilized realms.

I plan to create a series of playbooks ...

1) Cult of the Worm God (how the Worm God operates in a city)

and a series of playbooks detailing Deathhole Dungeon, where the Worm God itself actually resides ...

2) Deathhole Dungeon Site (describes entrances and surroundings)
3) Kobold Quarter (a Kobold tribe occupies the first level)
4) Worm Spawn Quarter (the Kobolds are in conflict with the Worm Spawn who've risen up from below)
5) The Untouched Quarter (ruins of castle dungeons and a temple that once occupied this site but were swallowed into the earth a century ago)

and more playbooks as needed to describe lower levels if my players decide to explore deeper.

Here's the first completed playbook ...

http://www.dmmuse.com/downloads/CultOfTheWormGod.pdf

noofy

Re: Cult of the Worm God PDF
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
So very awesome Glitch! Thank you so much for posting this, I'm very much looking forward to your other starters!

Though I think the When you receive a vision from the Worm God move is a mite harsh? I'm with Sage and Adam and like to leave the miss result open to GM fiat - so they can kill you if they want - perhaps after showing signs of impending doom to the dangers of getting visions?

Also, do add some story tension, how about adding this?
You are overcome with fear, and must defy danger to do anything other than cower in the corner as long as Neferthissa remains in your presence or commands you as one of her thralls.

Re: Cult of the Worm God PDF
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
Thanks noofy for the feedback.  I have a persistent tendency to define the miss results in custom moves I come up with, I need to break that habit.  And I agree that adding the tension to the fear bit does improve the move.  I'll work on a revision, thanks again!