Music of the Apocalypse

• 1 Replies
Music of the Apocalypse
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm nearing the moment where I run my first AW game(first game ever actually) and I was wondering what, if any, sorts of music/ambient sounds people play during their games. While I know that external sounds can become a distraction from the game, I also know that they can add a lot to the atmosphere.

I was just wondering what are your guys' choices for sound(s) while running/playing a game?

Re: Music of the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm nearing the moment where I run my first AW game(first game ever actually) and I was wondering what, if any, sorts of music/ambient sounds people play during their games. While I know that external sounds can become a distraction from the game, I also know that they can add a lot to the atmosphere.

I was just wondering what are your guys' choices for sound(s) while running/playing a game?

I have always felt that music Adds to the mood and atmosphere in RPGs.

I havnt had the chance to run Apoc World yet, but I have done many other post apoc games with music in past> rock, metal, trance, they all work
In a traditional game its easy to open your "combat" folder when appropriate...

Apoc world is a bit different, as the scene, story, pc's, npcs may change anytime, all the time, so keeping up with changing the music to match mood may be a nightmare... 

There are some past threads that have some good suggestions for ambiant tunes.

I would suggest to base the theme of the music off the theme of your Apocalypse after you and the players figure out what it is in game #1

I always like to get my players to send me a "theme" song for their pc also - when they're doing something cool in game, put in on and watch them grin