Healing moves and Hx

• 1 Replies
Healing moves and Hx
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
Lemme see if I get this straight:

Someone comes to the Angel with harm at 3:00.

The Angel wraps some gauze around their wounds.

The player chooses: Spend 4 days chilled out on narcostabs, or do their time like everyone else.

Possibility A:

They spend 4 days under the Angel's care chilled out on narcostabs. At the end of the 4 days, they remove 1 harm, and the Angel gets +1Hx with them.

Possibility B:

They 'do their time like everyone else'. After unspecified downtime, they heal a point of harm themselves. The Angel doesn't get any Hx with them. (Basically, there's no mechanical effects of receiving Angel's medical care, either Harm-based or Hx-based, if they don't want to be chilled out.)

noofy

Re: Healing moves and Hx
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
Yup, sounds about right Sean. As the MC I always use the fiction as start of my questioning and barfing of apocalyptica though, rather than the mechanics. This gives me a chance to offer a choice with a consequence, take away their stuff, reveal an unwelcome truth, or reveal future badness or somesuch.

'So, you really want some healing for your hurt rather than just doing your time and healing up naturally after a couple of weeks?' "y'know that means you'll be zoned out on narcs? Even though Honey (the Angel) loves you and she'll probablly do the best by you, Right Honey? She owes Bish (the hardholder) bigtime. Bish wants your guts on a platter hey? Venus the Brainer is held tightly by Bish's choke collar too. Who knows what that Brainer will get up to while you are under.... Still want that healing Bro?'

Thus its more than a mecganical choice of being chilled out and getting Hx or Healing, its about what's HAPPENING in your Apocalypse world. The mechanical choices arise from the fictional decisions. Root your mechanics in the narrative, sink those roots deep and your story will sing.