Apocalypse Now-World

• 1 Replies
Apocalypse Now-World
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
Just ideas, maybe someone wants to pick this up (otherwise I will, when I get the time).

Start by hacking the Angel, Battlebabe and Gunlugger, maybe Operator, Savvyhead and Driver, I don't know. New playbooks. They don't need many changes however.

Stats stay as they are. Maybe change Weird to just Crazy. Open your heart to the Jungle. Some custom moves, mostly relating to shooting people in the forest, not seeing the enemy, booby traps...being under fire is pretty much something that happens all the time. Maybe repaint the basic moves a little. Reading a sitch becomes like, the most important move ever, acting under fire immediately after that.

Scarcity is lack of humanity, cool air, ammunition, peace, relief, sanity, knowledge, sleep, letters from home, discipline.

Fronts are terrain, VC, crazy dudes, the army, leaders, the insects and disease.

Mediography: Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket (+Deer Hunter, We Were Soldiers, maybe throw in some Jarhead and stuff like that).

Re: Apocalypse Now-World
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
Can't edit the OP anymore, missed my window.

Actually, I'm thinking this isn't so much a full-blown hack as a very specific setting-recolour with specific premade fronts and custom moves.

When you go into VC territory...
Stuff like that.