Dungeon World at GenCon

• 7 Replies
Dungeon World at GenCon
« on: August 03, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
I heard Dungeon World (red book edition) was for sale at GenCon at the IPR booth. There's no announcement here about it, though, so it's probably just a hopeful rumor.

Still, it couldn't hurt to stop by and check (#413), if you had a mind to.

Re: Dungeon World at GenCon
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
I am also curious about the buttons, and if we Guild-y types can get them if we're not going to GenCon.

sage

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »
We'll be trying to get the buttons to everyone we can. Distribution is just new to us, so we're working through it. If it helps any, I'd be happy to give you the design so you can print your own ;)

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
DW sold out! Everybody wanted a button. I saw some people rocking two. Adam earned the Thief button fighting Florimel the Spider-Witch.

I ran DW four times at Games on Demand and people liked it very much.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »
Cool to hear this was so successfull at Gencon.

Is there (or will there be) a way to get hold of the Red Book edition in PDF form?

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
Those designs would be neat. Do you have any others cooking for the other classes? I'm running a game this weekend with five players, so I'd like to see if I can make them all something like this.

Also, I'd need to know which design is which. =)

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »
If you're going to distribute buttons, you'll need a box to ship them in.  Include the book and its starting to sound like a boxed set...  ;)

Of course, it would be a pretty empty boxed set.  Cool ways to flesh it out might include:
A GM screen with principles, agenda, GM moves, dungeon moves, etc
An anthology of starters/adventures/maps/etc., perhaps crowd-sourced from the Adventurers Guild
1 pair custom dice for each class with that classes symbol (an upgrade from the pins)
Laminated move/special move reference sheets

(If you went the kickstarter route you could probably build those things as different reward levels so that backers could decide how much bling they wanted in their boxed sets) (A later expansion could have new classes with pin/dice and more starters/adventures/maps/etc.)

Ok, enough day dreaming...

sage

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
You're not the only one dreaming...