Buying Apocalypse World in the EU?

• 11 Replies
Buying Apocalypse World in the EU?
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »
I'm wondering if The Unstore is the only place to buy the book version of Apocalypse World? In Denmark where I live, import from the US will cost me almost 30$ (in addition to the bookprice) because of the clearance fee.
At one time, Graham Walmsley based in the UK sold copies from his website (www.thievesoftime.com), so I'm just wondering if there are others?

Best regards!

lumpley

Re: Buying Apocalypse World in the EU?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
You should be able to get it from Leisure Games. Let's see if I can find a link...

Here, maybe?

Good luck!

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
You can try to contact Eero Tuovinen (or someone else) of Arkenstone publishing - they import indie rpgs to Finland, and at least have rumoured plans to start selling elsewhere, too. I just bought AW from them.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »
I've been away travelling the (yet non-apocalyptical) world, but since I'm back I've ordered the game from Leisure Games. Can't wait to dig into this beauty.

Thanks for the link Vincent, Leisure Games seems like a top notch reseller for us in the old world. But a shame they don't offer a complementary pdf, as you do on your shop.

Best regards.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
No plans to distribute through IDR? I know several stores here in Sweden who need to buy it through a distributor to be able to have it on their shelves.

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
What's IDR?

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
Sorry. Haha. I meant IPR, Indie Press Revolution.

lumpley

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
Oh.

No, no plans to distribute through IPR. Their terms are horrible.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
And no similar distributor? The stores here say they can't buy from you at customer price and sell it onwards without the price getting unreasonably high. Lots of gamers are missing AW completely because of this! :O

lumpley

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
I'll be delighted to offer them retail terms! Tell them to email me, or just to come by http://theunstore.com/retailers/lumpley_games/

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »
Done!

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
Leisure Games is where I bought Apocalypse World (and much more). Fast deliveries, good service and reasonable prices - Perfect for us Scandinavians!