DitV Master Town Registry

• 7 Replies
DitV Master Town Registry
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
So with the idea that the Forge may someday shut it's digital doors permanently, I decided that I couldn't let all of the creative force of the internet just wither away.  My plan was to go through the Forge archives and pull out all of the user created towns that I could find and save them to a word document that I could keep on hand for a virtual limitless supply of inspiration.

It took a while, even using the compilation thread in the archives.  I was shocked at the end by the amount of creative data.  Almost two hundred pages, seventy nine thousand words, seventy seven towns.  Good job assembled hosts of  Dogs players.  The internet truly is a wonderful resource at times.

lumpley

Re: DitV Master Town Registry
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »
Holy cow. I wouldn't've guessed.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
Right after DitV came out I wrote an NPC generator and a town registry and threw up a web page.  It's been dead for a couple of years, so no point looking for it.  But it never got any use.  I thought it would be neat to have them up and available and have a record of reuses -- how different groups dealt with the same town.  My execution wasn't flawless but also, I think the idea just didn't have any traction.  It's neat to see you collecting this stuff.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
I've got a toddler, and a new baby on the way.  I work a ton of hours managing a cafe.  Needless to say that the time I used to spend on rpg's is but a legend lost in the haze of the past.  When I do get to play these days it is mostly AW, but I will always be a sucker for Dogs. Now I have a resource that I can use for inspiration whenever anyone wants to play a random game of something.

noclue

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
@Christopher - I went to your site before it closed and I think I Used your NPC generator as well.

@Corey - any way you could be convinced to share that word file? :)
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
It's off-topic, but yeah, the NPC generator did get used over time.  The town registry was only used by (maybe?) Ben and Rob each trying it out once.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Sure thing noclue.   I will put the link to the googledocs document.  The towns are numbered and named, but I havn't gotten around to putting a directory at the top.  Also I did not format them, just copied and pasted from the forums.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/182jOLHJ39Vj7E4ombEI650ZzQnUv9ArLHaWPI-gYtF0/edit?hl=en_US

noclue

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »
Sweet! Thanks.
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER