Basic question: Angel healing and acting under fire?

• 1 Replies
Basic question: Angel healing and acting under fire?
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
The angel kit has a move "stabilize and heal someone at 9:00 or past."

In addition to you healing them to 6:00, the MC can take "They fight you, so you're acting under fire".

So you make an "under fire" roll and you miss. What does that mean? That you didn't actually heal them? Is it like you missed the initial roll? Or is the MC supposed to make a hard/direct move of some sort?

Also, can you use the kit's move "speed the recovery of someone at 3:00 or 6:00" right after you use the above move to get them to 6:00? It doesn't require a roll, and doesn't say it requires using any stock.  So, assuming you aren't being a dick, wouldn't you pretty much always do this after stabilizing them?

Re: Basic question: Angel healing and acting under fire?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »
So you make an "under fire" roll and you miss. What does that mean? That you didn't actually heal them? Is it like you missed the initial roll? Or is the MC supposed to make a hard/direct move of some sort?

Remember that the entry says, "On a hit, they will stabilize and heal to 6:00" (my emphasis added), and also remember that failing an under fire roll means the MC gets to make as hard a move as he likes. I take this to mean things like, yes they will get better but its going to take some time or, they got better but it cost you more stock or, they got better but they cranked you in the face pretty hard before you narcostabbed them, etc.

So, assuming you aren't being a dick, wouldn't you pretty much always do this after stabilizing them?

Yes but, not if they would rather be up and doing shit than stuck in a drug haze for 4 days to a week. The carrot is its own stick here.
The Dead Flag Blues - Godspeed You Black Emperor! This is my Apocalypse World theme song.