Bloodcrazed Brainers, Oh My!

• 3 Replies
Bloodcrazed Brainers, Oh My!
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »
So, the Brainer in my game (Marsh, everyone else has started calling him Freakshow), just took Bloodcrazed.  He's also got In-Brain Puppet Strings, Deep Brain Scan, and Direct Brain-Whisper Projection.  (And the Angel's Healing Touch move)

So he now does 2 ap harm with his brainer moves when he goes aggro or misses- enough to seriously start to cause people to drop dead.  I imagine once he starts leaving that trail of bodies behind, the locals will find the brainer much less funny and start rounding up torches and pitchforks.

It's the In-Brain Puppet Strings that's concerning me with Bloodcrazed.  Can he seriously do 6 harm to someone now?  Yikes, that's PC killing harm.

Chris

Re: Bloodcrazed Brainers, Oh My!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »
Yep, I noticed that in the playbook. He should have taken Merciless as well. :)
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
My Brainer had Bloodcrazed and (later, when she turned Battlebabe) Merciless.

Yes, it was gloriously horrible.

That's when we learned that there's no such thing as an 'overpowered' PC in Apocalypse World. A brutal PC is like the MC's best friend.

Carl

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 01:42:37 AM »
I fit "Blind Blue and Hatchet City" for 3 players into 3:40 at the Endgame minicon today, so that's progress.

The brainer, Sundown, was particularly creepy and fun, with Casual Brain Receptivity and Direct Brain Whisper, and later Charismatic (from Hocus playbook). Sundown had been orphaned at age 12, 10 years ago when the Hardholder Marco took over.  She'd dug a cave for herself under a big rock, which everyone called "The Hole Under the Rock",  and rigged some chains for her prisoners/subjects.  She liked to silently watch through people's windows, with her 16-year old assistant Gramma taking notes silently beside her.  Then they'd go back to the Hole Under the Rock and practice being people, based on the notes.  She had feelings for Gramma she had no words for.

There was blood, but in the end they found a kind of happiness there are no words for, and they dug out a little space and added a window to the Hole Under the Rock.

Meanwhile the Rock & Roll Skinner rode into the sunset with his guitar and Blind Blue behind him on his motorcycle, and thoughts of raising a family, and things went very badly for Ambergrease's gang abandoned in their wake.