C.R.E.A.M.

• 5 Replies

Chris

C.R.E.A.M.
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
So a Hardholder, he's got that barter, right? He's the cheeseman, just rolling in so much cheddar.

But when he pays out to those in his gang, or those working for him in other ways, is that coming out of his personal barter? Or is it "On a 10+ Wealth roll, we assume errbody got paid?"
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

Chroma

Re: C.R.E.A.M.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
Or is it "On a 10+ Wealth roll, we assume errbody got paid?"

From the crap section:

"...when your holding or your followers are in surplus, you get this much barter to spend. It’s your personal share of their surplus."

I think that indicates the surplus for the PC is above and beyond any payments that gangs or followers "require"... though that doesn't preclude a later "Make them buy" move if the fiction warrants it.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

Chris

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
7-9? A miss?
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

Chroma

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
7-9? A miss?
Well, 7-9 still gives surplus... depending on the "want" chosen, people may be hungry or something that barter might allieviate.

On a miss... well, all bets are off... that's MC move territory and "Make them buy" is definitely on the table as a possible hard move.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

Chris

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm sort of referring specifically to PCs that work for the Holder. On a 7-9, the want is hunger, but I guess the Gunlugger still gets paid out of the surplus? Hmmm. Maybe it just depends on what that specific barter the Hardholder usually pays the Lugger actually is. If he usually pays him with meaty from he hunting gig, then hunger probably means he doesn't get paid. Hmmm.

elkin

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:38:41 AM »
What I did in a similar situation, where the barter was edible, the PCs worked for the hardholder, and he got 7-9 on his wealth roll, was to offer the Hardholder to make his payments in objects out of his armory or personal household.