[IAWA] Basic Questions

• 1 Replies
[IAWA] Basic Questions
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
I've been running IAWA for my group for a few months now and we're all having a blast with it.

During last night's session a light bulb went off in my head and it made me start to question a couple things.

Mostly, I think I've been doing conflicts wrong the entire time, but I'm not seeing anything explicit in the book, so I want to verify.

Should the initiative roll each round only be the forms that are being used? I've been letting players & NPCs add in particular strengths if they seemed relevant, but now I'm pretty sure I've been doing that wrong and particular strength dice should only be rolled as it's narrated into actions.

If that's the case, what if the character who wins initiative wants to use a particular strength? Since they're not re-rolling, should they just toss in the extra die when they narrate their action if their particular strength comes into play?

Is there anything that prevents someone from using two particular strengths simultaneously? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure since more and more of my PCs are getting 2 or more particular strengths now.
-Jeremiah

noclue

Re: [IAWA] Basic Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:28:10 AM »
I think your initiative roll is fine.

To begin the round, everybody rolls dice for their forms,
according to their characters’ actions, and including dice for
particular strengths as appropriate. Page 23.
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER