Hocus' followers fighting en masse against a gang

• 2 Replies
Hocus' followers fighting en masse against a gang
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
I'm assuming the Hocus' followers don't count as a gang, so in a sitch like this ... I should just be looking at them through oh so many crosshairs as possible, right?

Re: Hocus' followers fighting en masse against a gang
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »
I had run a game with a Hocus whose followers had +violence with their surplus so I felt it necessary to assign some gang stats. They weren't as powerful as a gang that a player would stat from the back of the book, though. I just drew from the fiction. They were bare knuckled with no protection, so 1harm and 0armor, sized as appropriate. Going against a true gang they would still get annihilated but they aren't going to just lay down and take it. Keeps things realistic, keeps the Hocus' followers feeling appropriately cool, but still leaves plenty of space to look through crosshairs.

Re: Hocus' followers fighting en masse against a gang
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »
The Hocus's followers count as a gang if the Hocus uses Frenzy to have them "unite and fight and as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size
appropriate)". Otherwise, no, they're just a disorganized mob who don't act together and consequently don't get to benefit from the gang rules.