Apocalypse World's binding

• 12 Replies
Apocalypse World's binding
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »
Hey, my page 137/138 just popped out of my book.  I'm tying to figure out how it's bound in case that informs how I should repair it.  It looks like the pages are magically adhered to one another and to a piece of cardboard.  I'm leaning toward just scotch-taping that page to the adjacent ones down as close to the binding as I can get -- and keeping my fingers crossed.

Any opinions?

Chris

Re: Apocalypse World's binding
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:45:09 AM »
No savvy opinions. But my two AW books are also coming apart at the 136-140 range. Is it a book problem, or a "I read the fronts too much" problem?
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »
How old are these books?

Chris

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
Mine are first run, I'd guess. Pre-ordered one and bought the other from Vincent at GenCon while the other was in the mail.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
Yeah, mine was preordered and arrived a while after GenCon last year.  And I /have/ used the hell out of it.

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
I'd be happy to replace these books at cost. Email me.

-Vincent

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
Thanks Vincent!  I'll tape it for now and if it keeps happening and gets worse, I'll contact you.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:53:17 AM »
Don't need a new copy, but just for the intel my 241-242 is close to coming out. I'm pretty careful with it too.

I plan to get someone to put a hard cover on it for me one day and get it rebound then.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
I had problems with pages that list the basic moves. Hasn't completely fallen out yet, but it's headed there.

I think it was because I was flipping to the basic moves so much. I decided to just print a basic moves sheet for each player and myself to help alleviate the wear on the pages there. The rest is holding up good.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
I got mine wet when I left it in a bag and then put a damp towel in there without realising the book was still in the bag.
Some of the ink from the first page or so leaked out. And the cover absorbed a lot of moisture and went all weird.
Somebody saw the book at a con and said "Cool, that's a well used copy!"

It does look like a book that's been through the apocalypse now!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Pretty much my entire book is coming loose down at the bottom. I've not had it that long and otherwise it's in good condition so I am a bit disappointed. Then again, it was quite cheap (with shipping) and it is a paperback. Might be something to look into if Vincent does another edition or something?

lumpley

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
I'm very happy to replace defective books. Drop me a line if you want.

-Vincent

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
I brought my AW book along for a 1500 km bike ride and it's fine, you guys are clearly just scamming poor Vincent.