Dungeon World Gamma

• 42 Replies
Re: Dungeon World Gamma
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
See there.  You did it again.  Left me wanting to know more...

;)

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
I'm digging the slow pace of the next release. Gives us time to soak in the latest.

Gotta say I am itching see what's to come though.

sage

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »
Okay, the news is out: Dungeon World Preview Edition is coming to GenCon, the full game is still being developed.

Why the split? To make the best game possible and still have something sweet to show at GenCon to drive more play. Kind of like the beta that Pathfinder did.

The Preview Edition (colloquially known as the Red Book) features four classes, playable to level 5, with an included adventure. We've trimmed a few things from the book to keep it tight, but the Red Book is a great way to get into the Adventurer's Guild, if you haven't yet.

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
I'm curious to see what your version of a DW adventure looks like!

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
Will these 4 classes (I'm assuming Fighter, Thief, Wizard, and Cleric) play well with the beta test Ranger, Paladin, etc?  No major design changes correct?

sage

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »
Nope! You guess the classes right, and they're actually pretty much just subsets of the ones that are currently out there. We stuck to the moves that we were the surest in. In fact, all the starting moves are the same (except when they referenced something that's not in the preview, like groups).

As far as the rules go, the preview edition has only minor changes. A few rewordings and such, mostly for clarity.

The main difference is in how the GMing section is presented and the included adventure.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »
Awesome!  That's what I figured.  Looking forward to introducing people to it.

Will we get a look at it anytime soon?  To crowd source typo searching if nothing else.

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
Honestly, the biggest thing holding me up right now is time to talk about it. We have a plan, something's coming, but not what we expected.

I certainly hope so, I found Dungeon World a few weeks ago and my group loves it. We the rules are simple enough that it really gives a quick startup time for any new party of adventurers and we really enjoyed that it was not terribly serious.

On a side note, I would like to be admitted to the Guild if new members are still being accepted.

sage

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »
Sure thing, Tristan. Just email gm@dungeon-world.com

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
Is there a PDF of the Red Book? I couldn't make it to Gen Con, but I'd be willing to put some money down for it. If there's fulfillment for the book somewhere, I'd be interested in that as well.

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »
My group found a typo.

Wizard spell list, level 1. The first spell is named "Light" but is actually a summoning spell.

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:49 PM »
My group found a typo.

Wizard spell list, level 1. The first spell is named "Light" but is actually a summoning spell.
Yeah, it's Contact Spirits.

sage

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
This is an old thread for a pre-Basic Gamma. Let's let it sink. We've got the spell list fixed.