Hardcover?

• 2 Replies
Hardcover?
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »
Anyone else interested in a hardcover of the rules?

I figure I could:
- Get one bound, which wouldn't look as awesome as this:http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=378.0, but still. Maybe we could hit someone up to do a bunch together?
- See if there is enough interest so we could lean on Vx to do a print run. A deluxe one year anniversary with the extra playbooks?

I'm used to paying $60+ for three or more hardcover books to get an RPG so I don't see cost as an issue but others might. If you're interested maybe put in what you'd be willing to pay as well.

Re: Hardcover?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
I'd buy it if it came with a limited-edition playbook.

That's a joke.

Uh, sort of.

Re: Hardcover?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
What I could see doing, and would probably do myself if I had spread layouts for the LE playbooks, would be making a post-apocalyptic leatherbound version including the LE's. I'm picturing reinforcing the leather with pizza box cardboard to make it hardcover, maybe stitch in the pages with dental floss or something and then burn the logo into the front cover. Might make a good etsy project.

I've been tossing around the idea for a bit for my own use. I'd also like to do the playbooks as post-apocalyptic leatherbound journals. Each one would have a clever cover like Holy Bible for the Hocus or Turbo Interceptor Repair Manual for the Driver. My current count is that there'd be 12 pages (playbook, basic moves,) and 4 pages for notes but you could stitch in your own extra paper for more notes (fold 5 8.5x11 sheets in half and stitch thrugh the spine. Repeat as necessary).

@lumpley: if this sounds like an interesting limited release to you, let me know.