« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Headdesk.

Re: The Touchstone
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
Poor V!

lumpley

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
Towering presence: on a 10+, take +1forward against them as well. On a miss, they do what they like, and you take -1forward against them.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »
Thank you kindly, good sir!

And, not to sound like an ungrateful content mongering dink, but if you do happen to correct one of the stat lines, I would similarly be very thankful if you'd let us know what the fix is, here.

(To be honest, I woulda been perfectly fine with the Touchstone as was, she's so flipping cool, so I'm thinking all this is just like refining the icing on an already delicious cake. Mmmmm, apocalypse cake.)

lumpley

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
Cool+2 Hard+2 Hot=0 Sharp-1 Weird-1

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 06:10:38 AM »
There's some pretty frickin cool moves in this playbook. I can see most of them getting used as "take a move from another playbook" options!

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 06:53:25 AM »
No doubt. The Touchstone is far and away my favorite now, not the least because the sex rule means you almost certainly will change classes eventually.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 02:38:45 AM »
I've got all the playbooks but the Touchstone. I'll gladly trade for the revised Touchstone playbook!

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
framweard: whisper me your mail and then your wish may become thru :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:49:28 PM by gwylliam »

Chris

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
Yo! Have all playbooks but the Touchstone. Will trade one for one if someone hits me at theparableengine at the G mail.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »
Hey,
I'm also interested in the Touchstone playbook - happy to trade any of the ones I have: Q, Faceless, Hoarder.

Best,
Per

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 10:08:55 PM »
Same here!
I'd be happy to trade for the Touchstone. I've got Quarantine, Maestro D, Faceless, Hoarder and the Worm expansion for the hoarder.

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 05:52:49 AM »
Anyone who wants any of the playbooks from me can do one of two things.

First, send me a playbook expansion. Stuff like what John Walton is doing--I have his Loner and Catalyst expansions already.

Alternately, send me a custom move you've used in one of your games along with the story that goes with it. If you haven't yet played Apocalypse World, make up a custom move for one of the existing playbooks.

Post that here (I'm following this thread) along with your email address and I'll shoot you any and all of the official playbooks.

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 06:16:49 AM »
Framweard, this one is for you:

Imagine the Savvy Head and the Driver teaming up to win some crazy shit race for what's left of drinkable water, or anything they'd really need. Not to say the race is gonna be rather rough.

When you (Savvy Head) put your hands into the grease of you Driver's car, on a hit you can make it do those things you might need during the race. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9, choose one and the MC holds 1. On a miss the MC holds 2.
   - here's a red buton you can push once to get +1 when acting under fire.
   - look at those sneaky blades that will give you a one time +1 when going aggro
   - the screen here will only once grant you +1 when you'll need to read the sitch.

The MC gets to spend his holds as follows, 1 for 1.
   - that cheaty fucker in front of you has just spilled somthing on the track. whatever you do next, you do it under fire.
   - the canyon is getting really narrow. Great spot for an ambush. You must seize your way through by force.
   - flat tire. The MC gets to make a hard, really hard move. Make it painful.

I'm aware that it deserves a lot of work to really be interesting. It should be attached to a countdown, for sure. I've done that quickly at work and I just noticed that it needed one.
Hope it quilifies for the Touchstone.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 05:47:45 PM »
The premise is neat, and when you're making up custom moves on the fly for a game, you don't really have a lot of time to make sure the move is "polished" enough. I like that about AW--don't think, just write! You can always crowdsource the move if you think you'll be using it often enough to warrant revision.

I sent you a PM, hit me with your email address and I'll get you the playbook.