The Touchstone

• 35 Replies
The Touchstone
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
So, I've heard this buzz about a new official playbook called The Touchstone. Who he?

Re: The Touchstone
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »
Short form: the Touchstone is the visionary of a better world. One the one hand its a BIG contrast to the rest of the playbooks in its idealism, even innocence. On the other hand, the Touchstone is based on Hard so its not necessarily nicey-nice about spreading its vision (which is what most of the Touchstone's specials revolve around). Lastly, its got a tickint time bomb of burnout built in that will eventually force a class change to something less idealistic.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »
Cheers! I notice it's already doing the rounds on the underground market. Lucky for me I got barter spare!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:15 AM »
for anyone who cares

Surplus: Maestro D', Quarantine, Faceless, Hoarder

Want: The Touchstone

;)

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »
What's the intended vector of acquisition?  Where can I find this other than just trading for it?

Simon

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »
You have to buy Apocalypse World after the 1st of April, apparently.

That's what you get for being an early adopter!

Chroma

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
For people who have The Touchstone, or even for Vincent if he's watching, a few questions about the moves in the new playbook.

Is "Visionary" intended simply as a way of having "carrots" for other PCs?  "Do what I'd like and there's an experience tick for you!" 

And, what is the intent behind "Towering Presence" not having a "7-9, 10+" distinction for a hit?

Other than that, it appears to be quite a radically different playbook and will make an interesting addition to the apocalypse...
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

lumpley

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
I HOPE that towering presence has a 7-9 vs 10+ distinction! Let me go look.

Dammit! That's not the whole move! What the crap! Stand by for a revised version.

lumpley

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
The revised version is up.

Sorry!

Chroma

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Dammit! That's not the whole move! What the crap! Stand by for a revised version.
Glad that's cleared up, thanks for the fast response!

Any comments/responses to the "Visionary" question?
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."

lumpley

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
Oh sure. Just a plain old helpful carrot.

Chroma

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
Oh sure. Just a plain old helpful carrot.
Could be an extremely manipulating carrot as well... mmmmm... carrots... surely you want a carrot... just go do that thing I need you to do...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:54:32 AM by Chroma »

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Any chance you might share the revision for Towering Presence with those poor fools of us who do not have access to the updated version?

Also, while I'm at it...is there a reason that the last two stat lines are identical?

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
I HOPE that towering presence has a 7-9 vs 10+ distinction! Let me go look.

"Typos... typos never change..."

(Apologies to Ron Perlman, Lumpley, and Fallout fans everywhere)

Chroma

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:47 PM »
Also, while I'm at it...is there a reason that the last two stat lines are identical?

Whoa... if that is a typo/mistake as well, is there any chance of getting a "version number" put into the playbook so people know they're using the latest/repaired version?