Paladin Preview

• 5 Replies
Paladin Preview
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
Divine Favor refers to "Blessed", which I don't see as another move.

Also, "1 plus the levels you've gained since" starts out at 1, so that means the Paladin gets 1/2 of a spell?  Am I reading that right?

Re: Paladin Preview
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:20:11 AM »
Ludanto, which release are you referring to?  Dungeon Hack 11.05.04 doesn't show the hanging reference that you mention.  Instead, it is as follows:

Divine Favor
You gain the Dutiful Prayer and Cast a Spell cleric moves.  Count your cleric level starting at this level.

Of course, this is also problematic because there is no Dutiful Prayer cleric move.  I'm not sure, but I think it has been replaced by Commune.

sage

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »
This would be the print preview layout, only the guild has it so far. That is a dangling reference, thanks!

As for the wording, if the Paladin takes that move at 3rd level, she casts spells as a 1 + (0 levels since he took the move) = 1st level cleric. When she gets 4th level, she'll cast as a 1 + (1 levels since she took the move) = 2nd level cleric. Nothing math-wise has changed, Adam and I just thought that wording might be clearer. Or maybe not!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
I don't have it on me, but doesn't it say that the Paladin gets half as many spells?  So 1st level Cleric with half the spells = 1/2 spell level for Communion?

sage

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
Damn, it does. I blame Adam, he rewrote that move. It's back to the old version.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
Hah!  I rewrote it in a fit of spell-casting-rules fervor and then we changed it back.  I did not mean to nerf the Paladin.

I love the Paladin.

I'd never do that to him.