new character playbook: quarantine

• 66 Replies
Re: new character playbook: quarantine
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
I just found Apocalypse World and I'm a huge fan.  Found out about it from the Walking Eye podcast.  Very much looking forward to playing it soon.  But a couple of people in my group have also listened to the podcast, found out about the Quarantine character playbook and are really really interested in that.  It seem Vincent is fine if someone who has the PDF passed it along.  Could anyone help me out on that?

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »
I'm in a similar situation to the gentleman above me, except it's not one of my players who wants to play a Quarantine, it's me. I don't think anybody's posted it up anywhere yet unless my google-fu has failed me, so I'm going to have to hope some kind soul can help me out. I'd also love the other exclusives, but Quarantine is the one I'd like the most.

I'd also like to support Vincent in putting the exclusives together and selling them - I for one would pay for that.

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 05:49:41 PM »
I don't quite feel guilty per se about having the Faceless playbook even though I didn't get it from a con, but yeah.  I'd totally pay for a collection of of the limited edition playbooks anyway.  Assuming it's a physical copy anyway.  :)

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
Just bought Apocalypse World recently and found out about the Quarantine Playbook. I was wanting to know if anyone would be willing to help me find out how to get the Playbook or help me acquire the Playbook  (since the Kickstarter for Shock is no longer available)? Any of the other playbooks as well (sans Hoarder as I can still donate to get that one) would be awesome. I'm planning on running this soon, and I think my group would be more willing to try out the system if I had access to some more of the books.

Thanks all!

lumpley

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »
There's a fun thread full of trades and shares over at Story Games:
http://story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=13879

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
Thanks! I posted on there, hopefully I will get some soon!

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
Healing, eh?  Well:  An angel gets the full angel kit- not just 6-stock worth of healy goodness, but also all the assorted stuff that *doesn't* get used up to heal- stethoscopes, sensors, thermometers and what have you.  If a first aid kit has, at most, 2-stock and can be carried around in a backpack with room for more but an angel kit can (probably barely) fit in the trunk of a car, I'm guessing there's a LOT of extra stuff in that angel kit.

What good is the angel if you can just restock the first aid kit?  Well, for one the angel is probably better at using it, not to mention using it under fire.  The angel can also try to just straight-up heal harm instantly, although it's kind of weird.  Most of the angel's moves help them with that, while a gunlugger gets the kit as only one option among many, most of which would probably be more help at doing what the gunlugger does best.

What good is the angel or the angel kit if the quarantine can just heal what ails you in their neato-keen medlab, like a savvyhead and their workspace?  Ever actually asked a savvyhead to fix you up?  *shudders*  You'll come out OK, but you'll often wish you had just asked somebody to fix you up the normal way instead.  Less complications and often just plain cheaper.