one man army(fighter) and use device(thf)

• 2 Replies
one man army(fighter) and use device(thf)
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
question about two skills.
one man army for fighter reads that you take damage as a crowd, how does this work? perhaps we are just bad at reading rules, but all i can tell for damaging crowed is that damage rolls over if you kill one of the members.

use device says something like the thief can use any item. is this supposed to include weapons or armor? our thief player rhetorically argued that he could when we were discussing this skill because there is no real rule entry for activating magic devices.

sage

Re: one man army(fighter) and use device(thf)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
The rules for groups (crowds, gangs, warbands, etc.) are written, I just need to get 'em into the PDF. It's pretty much like AW: you take more damage and deal less damage against a group that's bigger than you.

Use Device is for any item, magical or not. Which may be a little too powerful, we may scale it back some along with our New Improved rules for types of weapons/armor.

Re: one man army(fighter) and use device(thf)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 02:13:16 PM »
awesome, thanks for such a swift reply.

im not sure the ability for thfs to use armor/weapons is too powerful. the hit die can be a large factor on things like that. at level two, my fighter has 24hp while his thf only has 9... also thfs dont get + damage as easy as fighters do, so that still puts a fighter above the thf in damage even if they are both using stupid big hammers.