Apocalypse Love and Kisses

• 47 Replies
Re: Apocalypse Love and Kisses
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
After our first session (see AP: At The Gates) we had a week off due to scheduling difficulties and the midwest's biggest snowstorm in years. I wanted to get people back into the feel of the game, as well as introduce some new NPCs and situations to build on during play.

-----
Hiya Bran,

It's been about a week since that kid Wisher ran off with a double handful of mold. Your shoulder's healed up just fine, and business has been good. That creepy scavenger Como even brought you a new radio from Dry Land. Shiny! But, hey, this is Apocalypse World, man. Roll + weird and see what gifts the Maelstrom's bringing to the party.

On a 10+, choose three from the list below.
On a 7-9, choose two.
On a miss, well, at least you've got your health. For now.

* That acrid smoke coming out of the desalination machine? Totally normal.
* Your greyish-purple thumb must be working overtime! The mold grew back with no problem after Wisher's little stunt.
* That new radio's picking up more than static. Sounds like pirates, and they've gotta be close. Good thing you got a warning, huh?
* Business is booming! Gain 1-barter, and tell me about your best new customer. What's s/he buying? Water? Mold? Gear?

Love and kisses,
Your MC

Hey, Grave. Looks like the neighborhood's getting a little crowded. That tanker out there may be a piece of junk, but it sure is drawing a crowd! Good thing you've got your regulars, huh? Speaking of, let's see how that's going. Roll + hot. On a 10+, answer two of the following questions. On a 7-9, answer one and pick one for me to answer. On a miss, pick two for me to answer, and answer the third yourself.

* That scavenger Como's drifted in again, and he's got oddments a-plenty to trade. What did he sell you, and what did you pay for it?
* Good old Lamprey can always be counted on, right? You've got what he needs, after all. Er…what is it he needs again?
* Couple of guys with holdings down the coast got in a little fight the other day. Right in your club, too! Good thing everyone's packing. When the smoke cleared, who won? And who took a bullet?

Love and kisses,
Your MC

Oh, Storm. You're a sexy beast, and you know it. Of course, if you weren't looking in the mirror, you wouldn't have seen the door to your dressing room start to move. By the time it  swings open, you're ready for whatever. And whatever turns out to be….what, exactly? Roll + hot.  On a 10+, choose 3 of the options below. On a 7-9, choose 1 of them. On a miss, well….

* Of course they're armed; this is Apocalypse World. But the gun's in the holster, for now.
* The Maelstrom's looking out for you. You automatically roll a 10+ on the Lost move, whether you have it or not.
* At least it's only one of them, right?
* Well, at least it's not Rolfball.

Love and kisses,
Your MC

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 01:40:57 AM »
Three letters from our last session:

---
Hey Bran,

It seems like you've always been here, doesn't it? Tell me about the person who ran the place before Grave moved in. What was their gig? How did Been take over, so he could sell to Grave? Then roll + weird.

On a 10+, if something seems like it ought to be on the platform, but nobody knows where it is, you can tell 'em, just the once.

On a 7-9, you know this place inside out, and you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Hold 1 and spend it to help or interfere with somebody on board, as if you hit the roll with a 10+.

---
Hiya Storm,

Sure, your mama just pimped you out like all the other urchins, and when you saw your chance you were gone, gone, gone. But you're pretty, not heartless. Tell me about the thing that was hardest to leave behind, and roll + hot.

On a 10+, choose 2.
On a 7-9, choose 1.
On a miss, I'll choose for you.

* Rolfball doesn't know about it
* Whatever it is, it's still OK
* Gams doesn't have it

--
Mr. Grave sir,

You've really moved up in the world, haven't you? What'd you do before this Maestro'D gig, again? Anyway, now you're the top dog--but Been's a goddamn wolf, and he's not in the habit of giving gifts. Tell me what you had to say or do to get him to sell on credit, then roll + cool or sharp, your choice.

On a 10+, you're not hurting as bad as you made out to Been. Gain 1 barter, or take two barter (hey, that much closer to paying off the club!), but choose one of the options below as well.
On a 7-9, gain 1 barter and choose one from the list below.
On a miss, I'll choose for you.

* Been's not just trying to send you a message about paying what you owe; he wants you, and At The Gates, gone.
* That barter you got? It's people, a couple of girls from Uptown one of the scavengers brought in.
* You've always known that Rolfball wants in on your action. Once you set up shop, her little sex barge became the low rent district. What you didn't know is that she's got some serious dirt on you. What was that dark secret, buddy-boy?

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 07:28:14 AM »
Nods. I considered starting with these but decided to wait a few sessions to see where things were going before jumping in.  Bu I am itching tonsink my teeth into this!
-Don