Old, unfinished, unpublished

• 10 Replies
Old, unfinished, unpublished
« on: June 10, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
The Matchmaker thread reminded me of this.  Vincent, you used to have some really interesting games on your site that were, I believe, lost in a server migration or somesuch.  (Lost being taken down, not actually lost).  Toward One, Before the Flood, etc.  You should put them back up.  Maybe add the other things you've noodled with since then too, you've done a couple of contest games and whatnot, right?

Re: Old, unfinished, unpublished
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »
Oh man, I remember Red Sky AM.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »
I stumbled across Before The Flood a few months ago in the internet archive, following somebody else's reference, and yeah, that's definitely one I still want to try out one of these days. It's got a few great core concepts in it... letting gods decide how actions pertaining to their portfolio go down, and suggesting mortal characters attempt to bribe them with prayer and offerings. And the 'give the mortals gifts' bit.

Also, still waiting on BADASS: The roleplaying game. "Every man is an island" is a fantastic tagline, even if that's almost the only thing we know about it.

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:39:48 PM »
I'd forgotten all about Toward One! I really liked that game.

-Vincent

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:44:32 PM »
I liked Before the Flood!  Remember, Vincent!  Re-post!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »
Remember that card game we used to play all the time, eating snacks and hanging out and scheming to kill the king? The one that doesn't have an official name? I miss playing that game.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
And Pirate Rummy. I miss Pirate Rummy. That's what it's called, right?
♥ Julia

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »
Yes! I want to read Red Sky A.M. again. I just did Wayback Machine searches for it last week, to no avail.

Paul

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »
Hell, I didn't even know Red Sky AM was ever online!  Get on the stick, Vincent!

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
If y'all only knew what our conversations are like sometimes:

"Ok, so you've got these three games at this stage, and I've got this one at this stage, and we really should start play-testing that one by October. Better make it September. Thank goodness this one only needs some polishing. Oh, and that idea you had in the shower this morning? Totally do that. Plus, we have these three kids, and this yard, and work and stuff."

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:14 AM »
If y'all only knew what our conversations are like sometimes:

"Ok, so you've got these three games at this stage, and I've got this one at this stage, and we really should start play-testing that one by October. Better make it September. Thank goodness this one only needs some polishing. Oh, and that idea you had in the shower this morning? Totally do that. Plus, we have these three kids, and this yard, and work and stuff."

ha! So very poignant.